DIY Christmas Gift: Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones
With Christmas right around the corner there are all sorts of cute, frugal craft ideas that are sure to make someone smile. In my mind this holiday season I had anticipated making homemade ornaments, cookies, body scrubs, and so much more. In reality I’m not sure why I thought I could transform into superwoman because pretty much nothing got done! I barely even have time to wrap gifts!
Thanks to a wonderful, frugal, and smart friend (Annie) I have an adorable gift idea to share with you all! This awesome kids DIY Christmas gift is called “Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones”, and they are a fun way to celebrate the season. This is pretty much the cutest gift idea for teachers, classmates, grandparents, and pretty much anyone else who appreciates a gift from the heart.
For the Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones project you will need:
- Hot cocoa (powdered)
- Mini marshmallows
- Piping bags (can be purchased at your local craft store)
- Red Pom Poms (can be purchased at your local craft store)
- Brown Pipe Cleaners (can be purchased at your local craft store)
- Googoo eyes (can be purchased at your local craft store)
- Chocolate chips *optional
- Circle Sticky tabs to adhere the red pom poms
- Fill your Piping bags with the hot cocoa mix (2 cups worth per bag)
- Top with mini marshmallows, and then a small amount of chocolate chips
- Tie them off it a knot
- Wrap your pipe cleaner around the knot to make them look like antlers
- Using double-sided tape, or sticky circles tape the googoo eyes, and red pom poms to your bags
- Voila~Enjoy your Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones!! You now have a cute, frugal craft, and gift idea!
If you like Christmas DIY Crafts, check out our other posts:
We hope you and your children enjoy this holiday season, and have fun making your Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones!
Photo courtesy of my friend Annie S. (thank you). Please do not use this image without credit!!
Get the supplies needed for this craft on Amazon:
Brown Pipe Cleaners:
Red Pom Poms:
Visit Savvy Saving Couple’s profile on Pinterest.