Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars *Featuring Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough
“This post is written on behalf of Pillsbury. All views expressed are that of my own”
As many of you know, my four year old child needs to medically follow a gluten free diet. While getting her diagnosis at such a young age was a blessing, it is also hard at times..very hard! Long gone are the careless days of going out to eat, easily attending parties, and care-free cooking, and baking. Now, I am very limited as to where I can eat out, and cooking must be done with extra special care, and caution.
Since I love to bake, I have been doing tons of ingredient experimenting. Sometimes my creations are a hit, and sometimes they fall really flat. I find gluten free baking is almost an art that you have to achieve. It is a little trickier than conventional baking, and requires more time, and effort. While I love to make my daughter cookies, and treats she can enjoy, I do not always have the time to prepare cookies from scratch. That is why I am over the moon that Pillsbury now has Gluten Free Cookie Dough –whoohoo! Finally, a company has realized that not everyone can enjoy regular refrigerated cookie dough.
Actually, Pillsbury now has a total of three Gluten Free Doughs on the market!
- Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough
- Pillsbury Gluten Free Pie and Pastry Dough
- Pillsbury Gluten Free Pizza Crust Dough
The folks at Pillsbury recently sent us three vouchers to try out their dough products. I actually had tried 2/3 of their gluten free doughs, and was just waiting on my store to get their Gluten Free Cookie Dough. We love chocolate chip cookies so it would be a real treat to have some my daughter could enjoy without any worries.
Pillsbury was also kind enough to send me some of their coveted, branded swag! I received a super cute tee shirt, and a lovely box containing a pizza cutter, premium pie plate, and cookie sheet. I am in love with the pans because they are so shiny, and heavy duty!
Along with this swag came a letter that encouraged me to use the Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough in an out of the box way. I thought long, and hard, and finally settled on making Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars *Featuring Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough. I knew these would be way easier to make since I did not have to roll out dough from scratch!
- 1 tub of Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough
- 1 cup of Creamy, all natural Peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (for melting)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375
- Even press your Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough into a non-greased 13 x 9 pan
- Place your pan into your oven for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown on the edges.
- Remove your pan from the oven, and turn it off.
- In a glass bowl, microwave your peanut butter for 1-2 minutes, or until creamy, and spreadable
- Carefully spread the peanut butter evenly over the cookie crust
- Place your chocolate chips in a tied off frosting bag, or zippered bag in the microwave until melted
- Snip the edge of the bag, and carefully drizzle your chocolate over your peanut butter.
- Allow to chill for one hour or until peanut butter, and chocolate are hardened.
- To serve, cut into squares once cooled, and hardened
Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough is available nationwide at major retailers. Each variety retails for under $5, and come in convenient, reusable tubs.
Connect with Pillsbury on Pinterest for more recipes, and inspiration