Step Into #AudioFest at Best Buy & Check Out the JBL Flip Bluetooth Speaker

Step Into #AudioFest at Best Buy & Check Out the JBL Flip Bluetooth Speaker

“The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free”

JBL-Flip-Bluetooth-SpeakerI’ve been a fan of JBL products for many years. In my garage band days, we coveted JBL’s Stage Monitors and their home audio equipment. Currently, in my more “settled” years, I listen to most of my music in the car driving to and from work, or in my basement workshop. Bluetooth speakers are great when it comes to playing tunes in my basement, outside, or on the go. If you’re going to invest in a Bluetooth speaker, it should be a good quality speaker.

JBL-Flip-Bluetooth-Speaker-contentsJBL has been making high quality, high performing audio equipment for decades. Therefore, I was confident that the JBL Flip Bluetooth Speaker wouldn’t disappoint. Read on to find out how it performed:

Design:

The JBL Flip was creatively designed to provide great sound quality with a clean sleek look. I like how you can use the Flip with the speaker standing up, or laying on its side. This helps to fit it on a cluttered desk or shelf.

The JBL Flip comes with a neoprene carrying case that fits snugly, looks good, and protects the device from bumps and bruises.

Quality:

JBL-SpeakerThe JBL Flip feels and appears to be built well. It has a solid feel, with enough weight to provide tactile evidence of quality drivers. Visually the Flip is built well. No visible signs of poor workmanship like missing paint, uneven edges or gaps, or abrasions. The JBL Flip Bluetooth Speaker possesses the high level of quality I’ve come to expect from JBL.

Performance:

Performance wise, the JBL Flip is worthy of my ownership! I’m impressed by it’s crisp highs and clear mid range response. The Flip has surprisingly good low frequency response for such a small speaker. This impressive bass is the product of the built-in bass port and two 1 – 5/8″ drivers.

Gladly, I find that I don’t have to sacrifice volume for sound quality. The Flip performs exceptionally well at high volumes with little to no distortion.

Conclusion:

Jbl-Bluetooth-Speaker-CasePortable Bluetooth speakers are hitting the market hard. Not all of them have what it takes to deliver great sound quality at affordable prices. The JBL Flip is perfect for music junkies that don’t want to break the bank, but still want loud, clear, full range music.

Check out the JBL Flip at Best Buy to see for yourself! Beginning 3/2/14 through 4/4/14 Best Buy will be celebrating Audio Fest feature one month of sweet sounding deals audio specials, events & more.

This week’s 3/9 deals:

• 2x points on Sonos Home Theater
  • All AVRs on Sale
  • All iPod touch on sale
  • Save $80 on Samsung Blu-ray/Soundbar Bundle

3/16 Deals:

• 2x points on all speakers
  • BDi Furniture (3/7 – 3/23) Save $200 on any Home Theater Cabinet
  • All-on-sale Car Audio Speakers + 50% off speaker installation
  • $50 Savings on Sony MDR10 Headphones

3/23 Deals:

• $30 savings on BEATS SOLO™ HD ON EAR HEADPHONE – DRENCHED COLORS
  • Save 25% on all Sennheiser HD 500 Series Headphones
  • All Logitech Computer Headsets on Sale
  • Save $50 – $150 on Select Energy audio products (3/9-4/5)

3/30 Deals:

• All Insignia Computer Speakers on Sale
  • Save $100-$200 on select Definitive Technology Floor Speakers (3/23-4/5)
  • Save $50 – $150 on Select Energy audio products (3/9-4/5)
  • Save $150 – $300 on Select Jamo Speakers

Comments

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says

This would be perfect for me to listen to music on the go while I am cleaning my house. I love to crank up the tunes.

• Jennifer says

I am the same way – listening to music while I am cleaning get my blood pumping and makes it much less dreary! It’s funny though, because I never listen to music while I am working because it makes me unable to concentrate. LOL!

2. Jennifer Soltys says

I agree with you there are so many of them out there, but not all live up to their claims. This would would be perfect for our boat and summer outings! Love how it’s shaped!!

3. aimee fauci says

this is def a ‘to gift’ for my sons.. I’m not that high tech but I know they are always looking for the latest.

4. Brandie says

I tested this one out at the store and was very impressed with the sound. Thanks for the heads up about audio fest.

5. says

I really like this and I think my husband would too. He’s always looking for new gadgets. This might be good for Father’s Day.

6. Carlee C says

I think it is amazing how far technology has come. It is awesome that they can create quality sounds in such small devices.

7. carly says

I love my music! I have been looking for some good quality bluetooth speakers that aren’t ridiculously expensive. Thanks for this review! I may try these!

8. Sofia says

Portable speakers are awesome!! I’ll check this one out…would love to be able to take my music with me when I need to clean upstairs!

9. says

So you are saying that my husband should finally get rid of his giant speakers from the 90’s and upgrade them FINALLY!!? I will share this sale list with him and encourage us to step into 2014 at Best Buy. lol

10. Keikilani says

Our family is obsessed with music. We don’t have any speakers at the moment. These would be perfect!

11. says

I love that it comes with a carrying case to keep it safe! My boyfriend doesn’t quite know how to travel and keep things from getting scratched lol.

12. says

I’ve been seeing these around, and I really am getting intrigued. It seems like a nice wallup is packed into such a small space. I can think of so many great places to use it too.

13. brett says

Perfect for our small house that’s busting at the gills from a family of 5! We need something. We don’t actually own a stereo at all anymore

14. Tatanisha says

I could totally use something like this while listening to music as I work. I didn’t think you would be able to get a quality sound from something soo tiny– thanks for the review!