Homemade Macaroni and Cheese & Roasted BBQ Spare Ribs
“As a Stubb’s Insider, I received samples to help spark my recipe”
I love using my oven to cook my meals no matter what time of year it is. Even in the midst of some of the hottest, and most certainly humid days, you can still find me in the kitchen. There is something so comforting when it comes to smelling the aromatic flavors of a homecooked meal. I am sure my family can agree because I had them all just about drooling yesterday while our Roasted BBQ Spare Ribs slow cooked in our cast iron pan with plenty of fresh garlic, and onions.
Being a Stubb’s Insider has been really fun because I get to sample a variety of their products. I have tried Stubb’s in the past, but admit I was a typical sale stalker. I was using brands that were on sale, and not always getting the best sauces. Now, I know better! Stubb’s BBQ products and marinades are pure deliciousness, and can turn even the cheapest cuts of meat into prime cuisine.
Yesterday, I decided to make pork spare ribs with Stubb’s very own Moppin’ Sauce. I allowed my ribs to slow cook in a covered cast iron for 2 1/2 hours with minced garlic, and sliced onion. I used the Moppin Sauce during the last 20 minutes or so to really get a moist, bold flavor. For some reason, ribs just pair well with mac and cheese so I decided to make a fresh batch of flavorful stovetop macaroni and cheese.
Are you hungry yet? Here is how to make my Homemade Macaroni and Cheese & Roasted BBQ Spare Ribs:
- 3 lbs of small, bone-in pork spare ribs
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 small onion sliced
- salt, pepper
- Stubb’s Moppin Sauce
Directions: Add ribs to a covered cast iron pan. Sprinkle with garlic, onion, and spices. Bake at 300 for 2 hours. Remove from oven, take off cover and add the entire bottle of Stubb’s Moppin Sauce (brush on). Return to the oven for 30 minutes at 350 uncovered to crisp up.
- 1 lb box of pasta (shells, etc)
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 small grated onion (juices and all)
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 8 ounces of grated jack cheese
- 5 ounces of grated white cheddar
- Boil pasta until al dente
- Grate onion, and cheeses; set aside
- Add onion and minced garlic to a large sauce pan along with your butter. Sautee until the butter is melted.
- Add cream slowly to the mixture, and allow it to simmer for 6–8 minutes.
- Slowly add in all the grated cheeses, and stir until creamy.
- Add in drained pasta and stir to mix; top with a parsley garnish and serve hot.
This meal is best served hot, but can easily be warmed up. I strongly recommend you buy heavy cream, and block cheese to grate! Using the shredded varieties will work, but with turn lumpy due to the chemicals. The garlic and onion give this macaroni and cheese an actual flavor so it is not bland.
We totally enjoyed our Homemade Macaroni and Cheese & Roasted BBQ Spare Ribs and would recommend everyone tries it! You can learn more about Stubb’s additional products on their site!